Environment and Public Health Organisation, Nepal
ENPHO is a service-oriented national Non Governmental Organization, established in 1990 that envisages contributing in sustainable community development by combining research and actions through the integrated programs in the environment and public health areas.
ENPHO at present runs a government accredited laboratory for environmental monitoring and analysis and is actively involved in promoting eco-friendly technologies such as SODIS, Ecosan toilets and waste water treatment through reed bed systems.
In order to achieve its goal, ENPHO is working in close partnership with government, non-government and community based organizations to conduct the following activities:
- Conduct research and develop appropriate technologies that are acceptable to local communities
- Demonstrate eco-friendly technologies and practices
- Develop and implement effective strategies to promote eco-friendly technologies
- Implement of Community Development programs
- Network with partners for coordination and advocacy
- Develop and conduct trainings on various subjects of environment, social mobilization and public health
ENPHO is governed by a General Assembly which comprises of 80 members from various technical and non-technical fields. The General Assembly makes the major decisions on policy issues and elects an Executive Board once every three years. The 10-member executive board headed by the Chairperson monitors and guides the execution of various activities. The day-to-day operation of the organization is managed by a team of 42 staff members headed by the Executive Director.