HUNDEE Oromo Grassroots Development Initiative, Ethiopia
Established in 1995, HUNDEE is a local non-governmental organization based on the philosophy that poor rural communities should be responsible for their own development. HUNDEE acts as a facilitator in this process. HUNDEE's major programs include community organizing, cereal bank promotion and networks, civic education, environmental rehabilitation, and women's and older persons' economic support.
* Enable small farmers, women, older persons, youth and other marginalized groups to get organized around common issues of concern for livelihoods, and to revitalize proven community based traditional support system & institutions,
* Reduce vulnerability of target groups to transitory food shortage,
* Enable target groups to rehabilitate their degraded land,
* Empower women to attain economic and social rights, and eradicate all forms of violence and discrimination against them in Oromia regional state,
* Relate with government, Civil institutions and NGOs to further our possible implement our development our development activities together with them.