WaterAid Ethiopia, Ethiopia
WaterAid is a leading independent organisation which enables the world's poorest people to gain access to safe water, sanitation and hygiene education.
WaterAid in Ethiopia works to fund projects that deliver effective, sustainable solutions while providing evidence and experience to influence at national level.
To date, WaterAid in Ethiopia has funded more than 50 water and sanitation projects and a number of institutional development and capacity building projects. So far, more than 900,000 Ethiopians have benefited from WaterAid funded projects.
WaterAid's strategy is to work through local partners to improve hygiene behaviour and access to water supply and sanitation (WSS) services for poor communities, with special emphasis on:
- Demonstration of innovative approaches
- Participatory methods
- Gender and vulnerable groups
- Hygiene promotion
- Monitoring and evaluation
WaterAid has also been active in policy advocacy to:
- Strengthen coordination and capacity to work with other sector actors
- Innovate financing
- Demonstrate accountability and transparency of WSS service providers
- Empower and strengthen local government institutions to plan, monitor and implement WSS services
Projects in Akvo
|1 project in Euros|
|Still needed||€ 0|
|2 projects in US Dollars|
|Still needed||$ 0|