Our team at Akvo is our biggest source of pride and joy. Spread across six continents, and with regional hubs on five, we always seek to embody and be guided by the impact that we want to contribute to.
We're often on the lookout for new talent to strengthen and enrich our team. Check out our vacancies below or get in touch with us at work[at]akvo.org.
Akvo is looking for a full time programme manager to support us in the management of our programmes and to expand our network in the South East Asia region.
You will manage large-scale programmes in the South East Asia region and drive business development for Akvo. You are a leader who makes things happen and gets things done. You are proactive, responsible and able to maintain a good working relationship in a diverse team.
You will be part of a distributed team with most team members based in Denpasar and will report to Akvo's South East Asia and Pacific (SEAP) hub manager in Denpasar. This position is focused on the water quality and agriculture sectors in Indonesia and Cambodia.
- Programme management: you manage, monitor and deliver large-scale programmes in Indonesia and act as a spokesperson in multi-stakeholder meetings.
- Business development: you improve Akvo’s understanding of the water and agriculture sector in the South East Asia Region, initiate new partnerships, lead proposal writing and represent Akvo at international conferences and networking events.
- Technical advice and consultancy: you develop an understanding of our partners’ needs and are able to match them to innovative data solutions. You provide high-level advice about data solutions in collaboration with Akvo’s data experts.
- Knowledge sharing: you actively contribute to Akvo's internal processes and share knowledge within the organisation.
Requirements and competencies
- 5 - 10 years of work experience, preferably in the international development, water, agriculture or information technology sector
- Proven track record in programme management, including stakeholder management in an international and culturally diverse environment
- Previous professional assignments within South East Asia and a solid professional network in Indonesia and Cambodia
- Proven track of representing organisations and negotiating on their behalf at a strategic level in complex, multi-stakeholder environments
- Proven track record in successful large scale business development (> €150k programmes)
- Affinity with data solutions advisory services
- Comfortable working remotely
- Excellent command of the English language in both writing and speaking
- Based in Denpasar and willing to travel regularly within the South East Asia region
What we offer
- A full time commitment (40 hours/week) on a contractor basis, starting with a one year assignment
- A unique chance to work in an open, ambitious and collaborative environment, with dedicated teams that aim to have a positive impact on the world
- You will be part of our international Akvo community, with motivated and talented people whose diverse backgrounds converge to accomplish shared objectives
- A competitive remuneration in line with the market
Applicants need to be based in Indonesia and be willing to travel regularly around South East Asia.
Do you want to join our team? Click the button below and send your motivation letter and CV to Dagmar Heemskerk-Verbeek (hub manager SEAP) before 10 May 2019.